June 15, 2009

Rich & Pat Smith: 40 year Anniversary June 15, 2009



I'd like to wish my parents a happy 40th anniversary in this forum as today marks 40 years to the day that they exchanged their vows at the Manor in East Orange, NJ. (Where I actually filmed for the first time last June!) Every year I film plenty of weddings but felt my parents' 40th anniversary would be a unique event worth celebrating as well. For the last 3 or 4 months I have been planning a big surprise party at their house to mark the achievement. It was difficult keeping the 70 family and friends from spilling the beans but all did a good job because my parents were still clueless as we ate lunch at a local restaurant near their house yesterday afternoon. Meanwhile the neighbors decorated the house while the catering truck and bartender stocked the the place with food and drink. When we returned from lunch the front lawn was filled with cheering friends as well as a Tim Alan Smith videographer and photographer Rachel Miranda to capture their arrival. They were stunned and admitted that they had absolutely no idea. The weather was beautiful for the first time in over a week and everyone had a day of laughs, fun and good food/drinks. Here's to many, many more!

No comments: