October 16, 2008

What an Evening: The Wedding Salon and Knot Parties; Boulet and The New Museum




Last night was a night in which I wish I could have split myself in two in order to be at two places at one time. Alas, technology has not reached the level of Star Trek quite yet so I had to split time at the two parties.
I started the night at a re-opening party for Boulet in Tribeca hosted by 4 p.m. Events and the Wedding Salon for those in the event industry. I attended with wedding planner Kim Pilson, owner of the Wedding Sitter and HamptonsWeddings.Com. We enjoyed great cocktails in the amazing new space as well as plentiful hors d'oeuvres and desserts. I made new friends and caught up with band leader, Alex Donner, and event planner, Kate Edmonds, whose nuptials we filmed last September. Another highlight was getting to speak with David Boulet briefly about the excellent food and good time we had.

We then caught a cab to the New Museum on Bowery for the last hour or so of the Knot's yearly bash for advertisers and wedding vendors. The views and layout were spectacular as were the appetizers and drinks. I caught up with photographer Erik Ekroth, wedding planners Danielle Bobish of Curtain up Events and Christine Paul of Christine Paul Events, Florist Jorge Cazzorla of Celebrate Flowers, Laura Lippman and Alan Berg of The Knot and many others before grabbing my gift bag and an uptown cab!

I look forward to next year and will have my fingers crossed that the events will be on different nights!

(Last year we filmed the Knot party, which you can see in the 'portfolio' section of the Tim Alan Smith website.)

No comments: