July 16, 2007

Tim Alan Studios Featured on MyEverything.com

I spend so much time documenting the special days of other people, that it was quite the table-turner when a company approached me about documenting a day at Tim Alan Studios.

My first thought was that it was a company trying to get me to advertise with a new, slick technique. However, after some cursory research into myeverything.com (a cross between AOL and Youtube they say) I found it to be a very interesting and informative website with a lot of potential to educate and enrich the public.

Last Monday, a producer, cameraman and hostess (Who are all getting married this year!) came to Tim Alan Studios to document a day with me and to learn more about wedding videography in general. Their hope was that the uninformed bride would get a behind the scenes look at the work of a wedding videographer as well as to hear inside tips on what to look for and how to choose when faced with the videography question.

We moved to different parts of my studio as the hostess, Lilliana, peppered me with questions ranging from how I got started, to my personal style, favorite venues, tips on choosing a videographer as well as my thoughts on the importance of outtakes in a wedding video.

We watched wedding clips from Katie and Brad (July, 2005) whose wedding was filled with those unscripted yet priceless moments that really make having a video documentation worth its weight in gold after the event.

Within a week of our meeting, the highlight was on-line and ready to be viewed. They cut down the interviews and footage to a quick 4 and 1/2 minute feature that hit on the most important points that we covered. For a person who shoots and edits every day of my life, I have to say that they did a pretty good job!

No comments: