February 23, 2012

Tim Alan Smith goes to Charleston, SC for InFocus Video Conference


In theory, I went to Charleston, SC recently for an amazing video conference called Infocus, where wedding filmmakers from around the world gather to share ideas, techniques and learn about the newest technology. After being there for an hour or so, though, I realized the trip would be about the food! If you have never been to Charleston, run, don't walk to book a trip! We sampled some amazing restaurants including Halls Chophouse on my birthday which I can say without lying was the best meal of my life! We also tried Gourmet Magazine's best new American restaurant of 2011 called Husk, also an amazing spot.

In addition to the food, we stepped back and enjoyed the history of the town including it's importance during the Civil war, it's amazing mansions downtown and a horse and buggy tour of the main area. I was having so much fun doing touristy things that the conference became an afterthought until it actually started! I've been re-energized for 2012 with fresh ideas and new friends that will help my business grow and continue to give my client's the best product we can possibly produce! Look forward to sharing some of our new ideas learned from the conference with you on this blog!

No comments: