November 09, 2007

BizBash, ISES Video & The Mystery Bride


Yesterday I attended the BizBash Expo at Pier 94 which is a tradeshow designed for professionals in the event industry to meet and connect.

I assisted ISES (International Special Events Society) by creating a video of their October meeting for them to show at their booth. (Shot by Avenue 5 Films, Tim Alan Studios Corporate Video Site) It was a two-minute recap of all-things ISES from the meeting that played on loop throughout the tradeshow. I also had the honor of being the first person at the tradeshow to sign up as a new member of the ISES New York Metro Chapter!

The highlight of my day, though, was running into a bride from almost two years ago who I had lost contact with before I could deliver her video. Although she had paid in full, she fell off the map soon after the wedding, with all numbers and e-mails I had obsolete.

When she approached me at cocktail hour, I thought I was seeing things: was this just a mirage? I had often speculated as to what had happened to her and even worried about her and her husband. Fortunately it was just life and the craziness it sometimes brings. We exchanged cards- she is now a corporate event planner- and she vowed not to disappear again!

No comments: